Edmund Adler was born on October 15th 1876 in Vienna. He learned at the art school for lithography with Prof. Würbel.
From 1896 to 1903 he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna. His teacher was Prof. Christian Griepenkerl. Already as a child Edmund Adler came in the area am Leithagebirge, since his parents spent the summers for several years in Hof. Here he explored the land and loved the people, which lead him to settle down in Mannersdorf with his family in the spring of 1910.
Edmund Adler was entirely devoted to his art. Many beautiful paintings were created in the following years and decades. He mainly painted portraits, as well as children and youth scenes. He portrayed a perfect world that no longer existed. The artist painted uninterruptedly until he was 88 years old. Half a year before his death he put the brush down.
His work is owned by the municipality and is presented to the public in exhibitions. Edmund Adler passed away on May 10th 1965 in Mannersdorf am Leithagebirge. 2006 the Edmund Adler Gallery was opened with a permanent exhibition of his works in the Mannersdorf Castle.